I got tagged by the very chic, fab, gorgeous and altogether brilliant Couture Carrie for this meme back when leaves were falling from the trees and Obama hadn’t been elected President and I didn’t know I’d lost my shoes, i.e. a long time ago.
4 Things I Did Today( Yesterday):
1. I drove on Rodeo Drive to get to Igor. I sat at a stop light between two mid-life crisis’, on my right a Ferrari and on my left there was an equally obnoxious sports car.
As I walked Brighton Blvd. I developed an even stronger desire for tall black leather boots with low heels and buckled detailing. I must have these boots. But where to find them? Ideas, ladies?
2. I literally ran into some super model Milano Italiano guy who got out of the elevator at Igor’s building and I was totally gobsmacked by this guys beauty. I am not a gal who usually loves extreme physical perfection in men. I usually find that kind of unattractive and almost bordering on the feminine. But, this kid, maybe 20, who looks like he swallowed the moon, the stars and an aurora borealis or two, I couldn’t stop looking at him and I got flustered and tongue tied when he said excuse me. He looked totally unsurprised by my reaction to him. It must happen to him all the time.
3. I saw Larry David and Eric Stoltz walking the streets of Beverly Hills( not together). It is not the first time I have run into Eric. Eric Stoltz and I looked at each other’s hair admiringly.
4. I had the most amazing dinner I have had since Paris: Seared Sonoma Foie Gras with organic blueberry sauce over Parmigiano-Reggiano crusted puff pastry and then I had the Crispy Duck Risotto with duck confit and risotto sauteed crispy with an herb salad and tomato and truffle oil. Words fail me in describing this bit of culinary heaven, suffice it to say that it was better than my brownie I ate for lunch.
4 Things On My To-Do List:
1. Find my inner athlete who longs to run, lift weights and do Pilates. I wonder if she is with my shoes that I lost.
2. Get everything done that I have been putting off for over a year and make a dent into my plan for making 2009 a year that does not suck.
3. Complete the outline, sample chapter and marketing plan for my book after I take out the trash. Before I empty the dishwasher come up with the catchy title that will make my book an international bestseller. “The Joy of Dawn” or perhaps “Electrasol nights and Cascade dreams.”*
4. Set reasonable goals and stop feeling overwhelmed.
4 Guilty Pleasures:
1. Botox. I feel mildly guilty for doing it. But, aaaah, the pleasure!!
2. Not cooking. I don’t really feel guilty for not doing this thing that should and on occasion brings me pleasure.
3. Peets French roast coffee, half and half, and sugar. I will not drink lesser coffee and I will not do non-fat dairy creamer and keep the pink stuff and blue stuff away from me.
4. An excessive amount of lipsticks. I will never reveal numbers.
4 Random Facts about Me:
1. I wiggle my nose like a bunny when I am thinking hard.
2. I am a good listener.
3. I have JCrew’s 1-800# on my speed dial
4. I have to have smooshy pillows and there must be three of them and the temperature must be no higher than 70 degrees and I have to have my disapproving bunny and one foot must be out from under the covers in order for me to sleep—and even with all that I still may need Ambien.
4 Bloggers that I’m Tagging:
1. Hidden in France
2. Yes and yes
3. Motherhood in NYC
4. Charmed Silver Shoes
Even if I didn’t tag you would you please tell me four things about you? I’d love to be infourmed. Get it, infourmed!
*Joy, Dawn, Electresol and Cascade are all dish washing detergents.