1. One little word
The very lovely Irene Latham, the author of Live. Love. Explore, is having a contest in which she is inviting readers to share their key word for the year. As soon as I read about her contest I knew my word. My key word for 2010 is ‘celebrate’. My image for the year is champagne. My resolution for this year is to always keep a case of champagne in our house. I feel like there is going to be a lot to celebrate this year, even if it is only “it’s Wednesday, let’s celebrate”.
2. This Emotional Life
When I first heard the name of this series I thought it was an Ira Glass documentary on emotional health. Even though it wasn’t, and I am disappointed that it wasn’t, it is still a show worth tuning in for. It is a great 3-part series hosted by Daniel Gilbert, Harvard psychologist and best-selling author of Stumbling on Happiness, that explores why happiness is such an elusive goal.
3. Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment
This is the best lip balm ever made( Okay, La Mer’s may be a close second—but at that price it better be). Throw away your Burt’s Bees, Chapstick and Rosebud Salve and plunk down your $22.50 and thank me later. Happiness can be bought—-well, if soft and supple lips equal happiness.
4. My new favorite shoes
I usually hate labels or anything that reads “designer”. Something about these shoes made me break my no-label rule. I put them on with almost anything and I convince myself that I am Margo Tennenbaum. I pretend that the “T” on the shoes are not standing for Tory Burch and are instead for Tennenbaum.
5. My new I-phone that I LOVE VERY MUCH. It is the best phone ever. I am very attached to it. I have it in my hand almost all the time. I am even prone to petting it. Lily may get jealous if I keep it up or start buying it sweaters and treats.
6. I am seeing my Mom tonight and I am not even dreading it. This is proof that therapy works. Seriously, this is BIG.
7. Miracle #2 of 2010. We are, once again, house shopping. And this time I am not even anxious, upset, or at all reticent. I know—it is again proof that therapy works. Thank you, Igor.
8. That I am deadly disappointed that the cardio-hula-hooping class has been canceled. I am not kidding.
9. I am obsessed with this tee shirt. I am not sure why. I have never owned anything in Burned Olive before. Now I feel like my life will not be complete until I have it.
10. I am craving high pulp fresh squeezed orange juice. My cravings are usually for foods that nutritionists put on the naughty list. I feel a kind of moral superiority in having a healthy craving.